Monday, September 1, 2008

Life Is BUSY!

For anyone that knows me they know that i love staying busy. However, i can honestly say ive never had this busy of a school year. Ill recap the rest of my summer real quick. After EFY i worked alot, im still working at the Salon, and i went on a trek. The trek was such an amazing experience. I loved that Dad was up there and we could see him occasionally. I am so grateful for the pioneers who have gone before me. They set such a strong foundation for me, my family, and for the establishment of the church as a whole. After being in Nauvoo earlier in the summer then going on the trek, i got a piece of how they felt leaving that beautiful city. Going from the sweet spirit of Nauvoo to demanding physical battles of their journey west is hard to comprehend. Our trek wasn't near as hard but it was definitely a worthwhile experience. The youth of the church continue to amaze me. There are definitely some losers at school dont get me wrong but i love the kids from church i associate with. I read in a talk one time from Elder Bednar and he said the youth of the church have been blessed with spiritual strength and courage equal to or greater than that exemplified by captain moroni or the stripling warriors. I love reading of captain moroni and the stripling warriors so this means so much to me. The youth are doing and will do amazing things. The potential we have to make an impact is so exciting! i cant wait to grow up except its coming way to fast! Well after the trek i started cosmetology school. I absolutely love it! I go to two classes at highschool which are Government and English both classes i actually am enjoying. Then i go to 4 hours at Cosmetology school. I like the girls in my class and 2 of them are actually LDS. This program cost us almost nothing so it has been a blessing and something ive been enjoying. I continue to work but only 3 days a week. I am also busy with preparing my job interview things for nationals in October. i sent off my paperwork on Friday now i just have to practice interviewing! All of these very well fill up my whole day oh plus i have to squeeze in working out because i pretty much love it :) Life is going good and ive been blessed with so many opportunities and great people in my life.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You amaze me Kenz! You are a wonderful example of gratitude. That will take you far. Love ya.

sarajane said...

Im Glad that you had a good time on your trek! It really is amazing, isnt it?! An eye opener and wonderful experience.I loved mine too--tough but worth it. Great to hear what you've been up to!>Love ya!

Nana said...

KenZ - You remind me alot of Aunt Kathy and Gr. Paulie - they always busy themselves too. That's you BIZY KENZ, a great example! Love ya, MOM

Anna Goose Monster said...

ah i want a job! you are such an inspiration in my life :]

Unknown said...

Awesome how much you know and appreciate -about the church and life. What's amazing to me is that you enjoy all you're doing! -Kirsten S.

Dad said...

I liked being on the Trek with you and Alena.